[SR-Users] Huge undertaking and in need of advices from the community

Stoyan Mihaylov stoyan.v.mihaylov at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 18:17:59 CET 2013

1. From what I read - 1 Kamailio server should be good enough for up
to 50 K users.
3. You need Kamailio, Asterisk, Database (MySQL), and of course web
server (Apache) for GUI - setup of clients, allow clients to see their
calls.... You can use on separate server rtpproxy.
4. Pricing, depends of country. For USA, where most calls cost less
then cent, 1000 minutes are possible, but for Bulgaria - you cannot
offer such minutes.

2. Adapters are very important. There are lot of cheap adapters, which
do perfect job, but they did some troubles for me. Small and
acceptable troubles, but for me. One of problems we saw is with power
supply - after a year or so we saw how some of devices stopped
working. And we just replaced their power supply. Also - you can use
modified/adapted SIP clients - for desktop, for Android or iPhone.
Some of devices, can be used as routers. For me standard is
Grandstream - they are not cheap, but they just work - and I had no
problems with them. I use also different unnamed devices, and I can
try to find mails and addresses of companies for contacts, but we
purchased them long ago.