[SR-Users] Kamailio stability/timing problem w.r.t. registrations?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 22:04:15 CET 2013

Hello,

can you add an xlog() at the start of the main route block and log a
message for any request received? Keep the debug level low. It should
show if the sip request gets to application level, it may happen to be
dropped from the network interface or kernel.

You can put another xlog before the save() function to see if
registration requests are getting there. I am not familiar with ser
flavour of registrar and usrloc modules. You can switch to kamailio
flavour modules and see if reproduces. I haven't seen such issues with k
flavour.

On 1/15/13 11:51 AM, Sotas Development wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We run Kamailio 3.2.3 (FLAVOUR=ser) on an embedded ARM platform in near-
> default configuration.
>
> In a duration test, we observe that at a certain moment Kamailio seems to
> start ignoring all (re-)register messages, and eventually expires the
> existing registrations.
>
> We have not been able to reproduce the issue using debug-level logging
> (-dddd). Info-level logging (-ddd) does reproduce the error, but does not
> produce any error messages.
>
> Configuration: ser-basic.cfg, with the following changes:
> port=5060
> alias=testnet
>
> Command line:
> ser -m 4 -f /etc/ser/ser-basic.cfg -n3 -l udp:eth0
>
> Load:
> Bursts of 8 (Re-)REGISTER messages that are repeated every 85 seconds. The
> specified expiration time is 120 seconds.
> Bursts of 9 (Re-)INVITE messages that are repeated every 45 seconds.
>
> Note:
> With this load it takes roughly 1 hour for the error to occur. Using a
> more
> standard 3600 second expiration time Kamailio still stalls, it just takes
> longer.
>
> Does anyone have any idea how to tackle this issue?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Michiel Veldkamp

Kamailio World Conference, April 16-17, 2013, Berlin
  - http://conference.kamailio.com -