[SR-Users] Kamailio behind NAT - best practice

Fri Jan 11 09:42:28 CET 2013

Am 11.01.2013 02:12, schrieb Richard Brady:
> Hi Klaus
>
> Thanks for posting the  working solution.
>
> You are right that mhomed=1 won't help if the sockets both have same
> IP address.

That's true.
> Though I think if you used it with two different IPs and the correct
> routing tables on the OS then it would work.

I have not tried it, but I think it depends on the actual setup.

If both IP addresses are in the same subnet, then it might work if Linux
uses the "local" IP address for local calls and the "external" IP
address for external call (i think this can be done with having the
local as eth0 and the external as eth0.1 and specyfing the default
gateway for eth0.1 instead for eth0.)

If the two IP addresses are in different subnets, then mhomed=1 should
indeed work and the force_send_socket() calls could be removed.

regards
Klaus