[SR-Users] recreating kamilio_fifo without restart

Wed Jan 2 19:05:25 CET 2013

Am 16.12.2012 14:47, schrieb Uri Shacked:
> Hi,
> I entered the command "kamailio -v" instead of "kamailio -V".
> It looks like it starts kamailio again even that it was running....
> the problem is that the kamctl_fifo and kamctl_ctl file are gone now.
> how do i create the files again without restarting kamailio?

You can not create it (At least I don ot know a workaround).

If you need to access the FIFO you can use the /proc directory to get
the file descriptor until Kamailio is restarted.

eg:

1. get the PID of Kamailio and the FD of the FIFO:

# lsof|grep kamailio_fifo
kamailio   6505   kamailio    6r     FIFO      202,2      0t0 131110
/tmp/kamailio_fifo (deleted)
kamailio   6505   kamailio   10w     FIFO      202,2      0t0 131110
/tmp/kamailio_fifo (deleted)

2. use FD 6 or 10 of Kamailio's FDs
OSER_FIFO=/proc/6505/fd/6 kamctl ......

regards