[SR-Users] Loop detection in Kamailio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 10:56:14 CET 2013

Hello,

On 2/22/13 7:37 PM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I can see that there's been some discussion about SIP loop detection on the OpenSER and SER mailing lists, but I must have missed the conclusion. Apart from setting a max-forwards, how would you configure your Kamailio server to prevent looping?
loop detection can have several rules. Looking at the stack of Via
addresses is not enough usually, it has to check also if the r-uri it is
different than previous cycle. It can be coded in configuration file
using htable, but I guess it can get in some level of complexity when
having to deal with parallel forking. Perhaps a config function doing
all the logic inside would be nicer, but considering that max forwards
does the job at some point, nobody spent the time for something else.

Kamailio World Conference, April 16-17, 2013, Berlin
  - http://conference.kamailio.com -