[SR-Users] SIPit 30 summary

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Feb 22 19:36:20 CET 2013

Hi!

I've spent five days at SIPit 30 testing Kamailio on a tiny Asus EEE-netbook. It's been great, and apart from the bug hitting me while using outbound, we've done great in all tests.

During the proxy doom test today, the netbook processed way over 50.000 messages in a single INVITE transaction that spiralled and looped and behaved in funny ways, and the CPU still had a lot of power to do other things. The hub we used was the limiting factor.

Kamailio 4.0.0 beta was involved in all multiparty tests, from TLS and RTCweb to forking, spiralling and proxy doom. We proved that we have a solid product that can handle all kind of scenarious, even TCP overflow attacks.

Thanks for all the help over jabber, IRC and other means!

Special thank you to Fred Posner who contributed a Big Fred Cookie!

Have a great weekend!

/O