[SR-Users] Path and DNS SRV

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Thu Feb 21 23:24:06 CET 2013

Hi All,

Given a situation where there are multiple registrars, behind a single load
balancer, sharing the same location table in DB, I understand that Path can
be used to ensure everything works nicely with clients behind NAT. So, if
UA1 is registered on P1, UA2 on P2, and UA1 calls UA2... P1 performs
lookup, sees path and sends via P2.

What about situations where the distribution between registrars is being
handled client-side through DNS SRV, not a load balancer? Path cannot be
used then, right? As I understand it, in this instance add_path() will do
nothing, is this correct?

Thanks in advance,

Charles

--
www.sipcentric.com

Follow us on twitter @sipcentric <http://twitter.com/sipcentric>

Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
office: Unit 10 iBIC, Birmingham Science Park, Holt Court South, Birmingham
B7 4EJ.