[SR-Users] using dlg_manage before or after?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 12:43:32 CET 2013

Hello,

the dlg_manage() should be used pretty much the last action in the
config, before relaying.

Anyhow, this function creates the dialog structure in memory, at that
time setting the timeout from the avp. After that, for initial INVITE,
try to use the dedicated function:

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules_k/dialog.html#id2555000

IIRC, when you get new requests within dialog, then you can set the avp
again (you should test it, though).

On 2/20/13 10:21 AM, Uri Shacked wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to change the timeout of a dialog based on the $avp() I
> set on the modeparam.
> While testing, I notice that the change does not apply after I am
> using dlg_manage, only if i changed it before.
> Can anyone explain why is that? and is it possible to change it after
> doing dkg_manage?
> Thanks,
> URi

Kamailio World Conference, April 16-17, 2013, Berlin
  - http://conference.kamailio.com -