[SR-Users] Registration and TCP connection

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Feb 15 08:47:43 CET 2013

14 feb 2013 kl. 23:31 skrev Krishna Kurapati <kkurapat at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> When client connects to server over TCP/TLS and REGISTERs two things that can happen.
>
> 1. Client can disconnect the connection when the App is killed abruptly and the client did not get a chance to send unregiter.
>
> 2. CRLF KA did not arrive due to network failures in the middle.
>
> Is there a way to remove contact from usrloc table.
>
> This can spare server from trying to send message to a client who is no longer connected to the server.
>
> It would be ideal if this can be done automatically with a module param in tcp or registrar.
>
> Any suggestion on how to tie TCP connection with usrloc?

Well, if we do get an event-route on failed TCP connections, that will be possible. It's on the list of todo's after 4.0 for a few developers (you know who you are).

In the registrar module there is a function called UNREGISTER

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/registrar.html#id2512769

Do note that this only applies to clients behind NAT. If they are not behind NAT, the Kamailio server will be able to set up a TCP connection to the client. The SIP outbound standard specifies how the client manages connections and how the server handles it. In 4.0.0 we will have SIP outbound support and connection management.

* http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/outbound.html
* http://edvina.net/sip2012/outbound/  explains outbound

/O