[SR-Users] Kamailio-Java Integration

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 10:45:07 CET 2013

On 2/6/13 11:39 PM, Konstantin M. wrote:

> 2013/2/7 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com
> <mailto:miconda at gmail.com>>
>
>     As expected, a consistent list of dependencies, but I guess that
>     people using java would have those installed anyhow :-)
>
>     Is KamExec(...) running config functions exported by the modules?
>     Maybe it should be more explicit, eventually with an example. I
>     haven't looked at the code, just mentioning here in case it is
>     unknown, config functions exported by modules have a special
>     mechanism named fixup to convert parameters to custom structures.
>     You should be careful with that because can result in memory leaks
>     if used from embedded languages.
>

> Yes, I'm using fexport->fixup() to all arguments.

You should use also the free fixup function when available. However,
there are many functions implementing a fixup() that dynamically
allocates memory and don't provide a free fixup function. So the
potential of memory leak is there. If you know what functions you are
calling from Java and they are mem leak safe, then all is fine. But it
is not valid for all config functions.

That's why for Lua, we exported directly many inter-module API functions.