[SR-Users] INVITE Retransmission Causes Limiting Simultaneus Calls for Subscribers

Daniel Tryba daniel at pocos.nl
Mon Feb 4 15:01:22 CET 2013

On Sunday 03 February 2013 12:58:02 Bayram Karagoz wrote:
> I'm trying to limit all subscriber's active call according to setting their
> simultaneous use setting defined in database.
> But having problem when one subscriber's INVITE message goes to
> retransmission. When retranmission occures INVITE messages don't complete
> with BYE and subscriber simultaneus use amount will hung.
> My example code block is below.
> Does anyone advice me for overcome INVITE retransmissions?

I haven't implemented it myself yet, but all examples I've seen check for
!has_totag() in the INVITE when doing call limit accounting. So
if (is_method("INVITE") && $fU == $avp(s:username) && !has_totag())
in your case. But that only works if the device received the initial 100
Trying with a tag from Kamailio.

But might it not be better to just do the count in the INVITE and
adding/deleting of dialogs in the dialog event routes?
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules_k/dialog.html#id2556156
Problem here is that if the limit is 5 and and there are more than 5
concurrent INVITES you'd have to drop calls with a 200 OK response.

--

POCOS B.V. - Croy 9c - 5653 LC Eindhoven
Telefoon: 040 293 8661 - Fax: 040 293 8658