[SR-Users] unregister user when kamailio looses TCP connection.

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Aug 29 12:51:46 CEST 2013

Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:

> proposed solution in the patch was to scan all the location records when
> a tcp connection goes down.

ok. for me it is enough to unregister tcp (and udp) contact when tm
tries to reach it.  the only problem with that currently is that branch
failure route is not executed immediately, but after tm timer fires
although tm learns immediately that tcp contact is not reachable.

> Another idea I threw in (which I thought of doing), is to to something
> similar to nat keepalive mechanism in nathelper module (which fetches
> natted contacts and send nat pings), but now fetching all tcp contacts
> and verifying that the tcp connection is still active.

that sounds like a clean, good solution.

-- juha