[SR-Users] Can I use kamailio replace of asterisk?

Gertjan Wolzak g.wolzak at foize.com
Wed Aug 28 11:16:47 CEST 2013

Hello,

You can't replace Asterisk with Kamailio, well. depends on what you do with
Asterisk.

But remember Kamailio is a sip proxy server, Asterisk is a B2BUA.

As soon as Asterisk does  your voicemail, transcoding, etc. Kamailio is not
an option.

Just google Kamailio vs Asterisk, you will find more and better
explanations.

Good luck.