[SR-Users] [OT] Video processing of Kamailio Word recordings

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 18:53:21 CEST 2013

Hello,

I have few GB with the recordings of presentations from Kamailio World,
but they are in full HD format and need to be processed for uploading to
one of the web sites hosting videos. Not being familiar with video
processing, I am asking here to see if anyone can give some hits about
what I could use to prepare the videos for upload. I would need to do:
- merge some video files
- cut from video files
- eventually add few frames at the beginning with title of
presentation/name of presenter
- resize/transcode to right format for web publishing

Let me know if you know some good/easy to use toolkit for such
operations (free or at low cost), running on Linux or Mac OS X.

Also, if anyone volunteers to help and has already an adequate
infrastructure for video editing, maybe it is easier to transfer the raw
content via snail mail on a usb stick (unless you are in Berlin area
where we can meet in person).

Another point would be suggestions about what web sites to use for
publishing the videos. Youtube is one of them, but maybe there are
better alternatives. If that matters, the average time of presentations
should be 25-30min.

Thanks,

Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Oct 21-24; Miami, Nov 11-13, 2013
   - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -