[SR-Users] Kamailio Admin Book

Adnan 112linuxstockholm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 10:28:20 CEST 2013

Hi Daniel,

Here is some feedback based on my 5 min TOC overview:

1. Although the book refers to a particular version of kamailio but as we
know from 4.0.3, sercmd has been replaced by kamcmd and this could
potentially become a cause for confusion for some readers since the chapter
titled Kamailio tools has the following section which constantly refers to
sercmd.

2. If I was the author of the book, I would definitely add a bit about
webrtc and websockets. At least I would like to see these two words in the
TOC and perhaps one or two page description of what kamailio 's websockets
module could do and if you have any future work planned.

3. ser/kamailio has a distinct role to play in the IMS test beds that I
have seen in labs. of various telecom vendors but the book TOC apparently
makes no reference to Kamailio's IMS capabilities. I think now there are a
lot more IMS modules as compared to few years back when there was only ser
based openimscore. It would be a bit unfair to miss this key contribution.

Cheers,
Adnan