[SR-Users] 477 Unfortunately error on sending to next hop occurred

Steve Davies steve at connection-telecom.com
Fri Aug 23 08:13:49 CEST 2013

On 23 August 2013 07:55, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> Please read the full documentation for t_relay. There's a lot of return
> codes that actually is really helpful. If it fails, read the return code
> and take action accordingly.
>
> Yeah, I know I'm boring, but we do try to write proper reference
> documentation in this project ;-)

Hi Olle,

Where is this documentation?

Here's all that is said about return codes from t_relay in the 4.0.x module
documentation  (
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.0.x/modules/tm.html#t_relay).  Looks
like there are docs that I didn't find?

  "Returns a negative value on failure -- you may still want to send a
> negative reply upstream statelessly not to leave upstream UAC in lurch."

All the examples about re-routing calls are all about doing append_route
out of the to_on_failure route.  Which works beautifully for "soft"
failures etc.  Seems a shame this exception must be done differently?

Steve