[SR-Users] Enterprise Presence Information

Ryan C Ash ryan.c.ash.lu4w at statefarm.com
Wed Aug 21 18:01:57 CEST 2013

Good day,

Quick question for the group.   I am looking at choosing an open source product to potentially use for enterprise presence.  The solution would be on the receiving end of SIP NOTIFY messages from Cisco CUCM clusters.  This is a very large enterprise environment.  I am hoping to stay on the LAMP stack which leads me a bit away from Mobicents.   At this time we aren't looking for much else other than designing an highly available solution that can act as the receiving end of these SIP NOTIFY messages and provide that information to consumers as necessary.  At this time I don't know exactly what or how the consumers will utilize the data.   The enterprise already uses Microsoft Lync as the defacto presence system but it isn't fully integrated with our unified communications deployment.

Is Kamilio my best solution?
I have also looked at openSIPS but it looks like Kamilio is a more active project with more functionality (much of which I don't immediately need).
Should I reconsider Mobicents?