[SR-Users] kamailio-asterisk separated by wan

tihi tihiandco at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 19 22:10:16 CEST 2013

Hi,
I am new to kamailio, and still just "exploring area". But one thing I dont understand,
if I have external peers, with more asterisk servers on public internet, how do I setup
kamailio as sip proxy, or where?
Do I have to put kamailio in front of every asterisk or can I have one sip proxy
with public IP which will then reach (through wan) asterisk servers for call setup
and eventually for load balancing?
Is this concept of having sip proxy separate by wan from asterisk pbx wrong?
Thanks!