[SR-Users] Learn Kamailio.cfg Basics

Salman Zafar msalman212 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 11:30:28 CEST 2013

Directly jumping to Kamailio-Asterisk integration is not going to be a
useful way to start any technology. First try and understand how kamailio
works like:
- Uses of its core modules
- Parameters to pass these module
- Routing logic like you should understand the meaning of different routes
in the default config, their flow.
- Instead of moving on directly to load balancing just try and RELAY a call
to your Asterisk Media Server from Kamailio (look for t_relay).

Integrating Kamailio-Asterisk is not a big deal, but first you need to
understand basics of Kamailio and its script.

Register @Kamailio -->  set a destination URI - Simply hard-code for
understanding so set $du = "sip:" + Request-URI at Asterisk-IP -> then
t_relay() -> you will receive a call on Asterisk if you have a dialplan set
for the trunk/context created you will receive the call.

Note: This method is just for you to understand.

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Nishar M.H <nisharmh85 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am comfortable with Asterisk.
> Here i am facing the issues with kamailio. Last few days i have been
> struggling in kamailio integration with asterisk.
> http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2013-August/079311.html
> I couldn't understand anything about kamailio configuration.
> So i want to learn about the .cfg file and the programming they have used
> for.
>

> Regards,
>
> Nishar Hamsa
>

> On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Salman Zafar <msalman212 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Go through the documentation available, refer to the Building Telephony
>> Systems book, try and add logs to understand the call flow, routing etc
>>
>> SIP-Fundamentals are prerequisite you must understand a little more than
>> basic SIP technology knowledge to get started.
>>

>> On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Nishar M.H <nisharmh85 at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> How can i learn *kamailio.cfg* basics?
>>> Is there any document for v4.0