[SR-Users] Writing information into a table

John Doe jdoe_sip at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 15 17:37:27 CEST 2013

Hi
A client of ours needs to insert information into a table at some point into the call. I am in betwwen these 2 options:

1- Using http_query function from the UTILS module to call a web service that will insert the information
passed in the URL in to the table

2- or using the sql_query function from the SQLOPS module.

My priority is to use the fastest one. Since both are TCP they kind of come with some reliability regarding re-tries, etc (vs using a method based on UDP)

I am king of leaning versus the option #1, b/c I am worried about the cost of creating a db connection everytime etc but we dont have experience on none of the methods.

Also please take into account that they are still using version 1.52, and upgrading is not an option at the moment.

Thank you very much, your answer is much appreciated!

john