[SR-Users] How does rtpproxy handle handover?

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 08:22:45 CEST 2013

Dear Khoa,

As Daniel stated you need to see if your SIP phones are able to sense the
change in its network parameters and trigger a Re-INVITE to Kamailio with
new SDP to handle the audio.

That's very important to do because once RTPproxy allocates the ports it
can't just start sending RTPs to the new A2 network IP on its own OR start
receiving RTPs from new IP to its already allocated port (that'll mean
anyone can send RTPs to an allocated port and insert media into someone
else's call).

Please do share the network topology where the first network transition
worked, possibly it's Public IP remained the same and maybe your internal
network handled that somehow(NAT/PAT) !??

Now once the Re-INVITES are exchanged only then RTPproxy will be explored
to see if it handles the transparent Handover/updates or not.

BR,
Sammy

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 7:03 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com