[SR-Users] empty ruid error messages

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 09:42:56 CEST 2013

On 8/12/13 1:21 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> is this with latest branch 4.0? Do you add contacts via mi/rpc or they
>> are added only by sip registrations?
> i got the error with latest branch. contacts are added both with mi
> commands and registrations.
>
> it turned out that there was one contact added by registration from
> linksys phone that had empty ruid field in its db record.  that should
> have been an impossible thing to happen, but it did.
>
> the empty ruid message could have resulted from that record.
> unfortunately the error message does not include username/domain of the
> empty ruid contact and i thus cannot tell for sure.
For the moment I added some safety checks for empty ruid in order to
catch it quicker and the log messages print the aor for such cases.
Otherwise I couldn't spot the reason for empty ruid. Maybe next time
we'll have more details based on these updates.

> i still don't understand why timer based updates are done when db_mode
> is 1.
I looked in the code and it seems that the timer is still used even for
db_mode=1 to cover the cases when real time db ops fail (so the are
retried on timer -- they would be fine first time, nothing should happen
on timer).