[SR-Users] How does rtpproxy handle handover?

Khoa Pham onmyway133 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 05:56:57 CEST 2013

I have SIP proxy (Kamailio) works in conjunction with
rtpproxy<http://www.rtpproxy.org/> to
support client communication. When SIP proxy sends command to rtpproxy to
create new session, rtpproxy will create 2 ports (let's called them port1
and port2). rtpproxy has 1 listen interface

Supposed A and B are 2 clients that use rtpproxy to relay RTP stream, and
works fine.

A <---> port1 [*rtpproxy*] port2 <---> B

Now that A loses his current network, and enter network2 (imagine a network
handover) to become A2. In this case, I see rtpproxy still works fine by
relaying stream between A2 and B

A2 <---> port1 [*rtpproxy*] port2 <---> B

But when A2 lose his network2 and enters network3 to become A3, rtpproxy
stills relay stream between A2 and B. It seems that A can change his
network only once.

A2 <---> port1 [*rtpproxy*] port2 <---> B

A3

Why did the first handover succeed? How can I change rtpproxy behavior to
support many handovers ?

--
Khoa Pham
HCMC University of Science