[SR-Users] Duplicate relayed INVITE message using siptrace not working

Grant Bagdasarian GB at cm.nl
Mon Aug 12 13:19:52 CEST 2013

Hello,

Is it possible to only duplicate certain messages to the capture server? Like only the INVITE, CANCEL, BYE, 100, 200 and some 4/5/6 reply messages?
Whenever I set the setflag(22) it pretty much duplicates every message to the capture server, but I want to regulate which messages are duplicated.
I'm adding additional headers to specific SIP messages, but not all.
msg_apply_changes only works for request messages, so I'm pretty much forced to use the setflag command.

The reason I'm doing all this is because I'm building custom logging based on SIP messages. That way we can have real-time status of calls with additional information. Pretty much every SIP dialog is a conversation in our database. Its state gets updated for each new SIP message. This does require the proxy to set certain custom headers.

Also, how are relpy messages processed? I know they go through the onreply_route route, but there is no command which relays this to its destination, or is this done by the core behind the scenes?

Regards,

Grant