[SR-Users] Workings of the kamailio dispatcher module

Grant Bagdasarian GB at cm.nl
Wed Aug 7 12:29:28 CEST 2013

Alright, thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: sr-users-bounces at lists.sip-router.org [mailto:sr-users-bounces at lists.sip-router.org] On Behalf Of Alex Balashov
Sent: Wednesday, August 7, 2013 12:27 PM
To: Kamailio (SER) - Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [SR-Users] Workings of the kamailio dispatcher module

Grant,

On 08/07/2013 05:00 AM, Grant Bagdasarian wrote:

> How does the dispatcher module handle the priorities in the dispatcher
> table? For example:
>
> ID;Set;Destination;Priority
>
> 1;1;192.168.16.10;1 2;1;192.168.16.11;2
>
> Which one will be chosen first? I would assume, the higher the
> priority number, the higher the priority, right?

Actually, it is the opposite -- the lower the priority number, the higher the priority (1 is first, 2 is second, etc.)

Initial ordering of the gateways inside the destination set is done by priority.  If the priorities are the same, it is done by the order in which the gateways appear in the dispatcher.list or the database table.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC