[SR-Users] kamailio installation on vps server help

Daniel Tryba daniel at pocos.nl
Tue Aug 6 17:11:11 CEST 2013

On Tuesday 06 August 2013 16:20:16 william anderson wrote:
> Someone could help me in setup my kamailio vps server?
> So as to learn how to install it (i am newbie).
>
> *Installation is on a VPS server running debian64, so i need to do it all
> by commands.

Add the kamailio.org repository to /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://deb.kamailio.org/kamailio wheezy main

aptitude update
aptitude install kamailio
(and any additional modules you'd like)

edit /etc/default/kamailio to change RUN_KAMAILIO to yes

edit /etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg to your likeing, get hints from:
http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/#cookbooks
http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/#tutorials

/etc/init.d/kamailio restart

and take a look at the output and /var/log/syslog to find out why it doesn't
work :)