[SR-Users] Simulating kamailio config flows

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Apr 23 09:19:50 CEST 2013

22 apr 2013 kl. 19:34 skrev Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:

> On 4/22/13 5:30 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
>> Andreas Granig writes:
>>
>>> Let me know if this is stupid and/or a complete overkill, but what about
>>> introducing some kind of dummy mode, where you'd pipe a message into
>>> kamailio via stdin, and get the resulting message out on stdout (e.g. in
>>> ngrep style with ip information as first line, plus the content
>>> following), plus a dump of internals (e.g. vars, avps) on stderr as
>>> they're being assigned, and once the message is processed, kamailio
>>> would just shut down again?
>> in addition to the message, you would need to be able to tell which
>> ip addr it is coming from and which ip/port in kamailio it is going to.
>> also, on the output side, kamailio would need to tell which
>> proto/ip/port it would use to send the message out.
> Details about going out can be printed on onsend_route. In this route block, one can execute drop and nothing is sent to the wire. It can be a config started with a special define specified with -A parameter.
>
> Enabling debugger module with cfg trace should give valuable information about what has been executed from config.
>
> From what Andreas suggesting, printing the value of variables as they are assigned is missing, probably can be added by hooking in the interpreter when doing the assignment operation.
>
> Grouping all above under some global/command line parameter can be useful to make it easier to do a dry run.

We could steal an idea from ASterisk, where we have a directory that asterisk monitors for "call files".

We could have a module that monitors a directory for SIP messages and injects them into the routing
script. The file could have a few lines of metadata, like faking transport and sender's IP and port,
an empty line and then a full SIP message.

/O