[SR-Users] Basic question

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sun Apr 21 08:40:40 CEST 2013

21 apr 2013 kl. 01:50 skrev אורן אברהם <oren.av.jnk at gmail.com>:

> Dear List.
>
> I'm trying to change the contact header of a message. ( by calliing add_contact_alias - that shuld add the ;alias= parameter to the contact header)
> but, when i print the contact header (with xlog), it shows no change.
>
> I know the function works, and that it added the parameter as expected by using debug mode. (it sais that it was added)
>
> Can anyone explain me why i don't see that change in the xlog ? (i've printer both $ct and $hdr(Contact))

Kamailio keeps two buffers of the incoming message, one is a copy of the incoming and the other one
is the one where changes happen, a template for any outbound message used when forwarding
to the next hop.

If you change headers, they are changed in the outbound buffer, not the incoming. When you use
functions to check headers, you check the incoming buffer.

There is a function to apply changes to the inbound buffer that is needed sometimes, but very
few times. It can be quite confusing if you are not aware of how changes to messages are applied.

/O