[SR-Users] var vs avp...

Carlos Ruiz Díaz carlos.ruizdiaz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 17:00:25 CEST 2013

Use $var when you want to manipulate values inside a route block, for
example, when you want to store a value that will live only in the scope of
that route block. When the route block exits, it will be automatically
deallocated.

Use $avp when you want to store a value that you want to read anywhere. It
will live as long as the SIP transaction lives.

- $var is stored in private memory, it is per process. This means that only
the process that created it can read it.
- $avp is stored in shared memory. It can be accessed from any process in
kamailio's process list (childs)

- $var has local route block scope.
- $avp has SIP transaction scope.

- Both $avp and $var are automatically freed.

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Victor V. Kustov <coyote at bks.tv> wrote:

> В Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:56:26 +0200
> "Olle E. Johansson" <oej at edvina.net> пишет:
>
> > - $avp is stored in transactions (in shared memory), so if you set
> > them while processing a request you have them when processing
>
> is memory freeing automatically or i need to do it myself?
>
> --
>  SY,
>         Victor
>   JID: coyote at bks.tv
>   JID: coyote at bryansktel.ru
>   I use FREE operation system: 3.8.4-calculate GNU/Linux

Carlos
http://caruizdiaz.com
+595981146623