[SR-Users] path uri problem

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Apr 10 01:05:34 CEST 2013

2013/4/9 Richard Fuchs <rfuchs at sipwise.com>:
> On 04/09/13 12:19, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
>
>> So the "received" value added by Kamailio is invalid. Such a value
>> cannot be the value of a SIP URI parameter at all. I strongly propose
>> encoding it in base64 or escaping the "=" and the ";" symbols when in
>> a SIP URI param value as Juha suggests.
>
> Would you and everyone else agree that unconditionally encoding the
> param in base64 would be the preferred solution? I have some pending
> additions to the path module and could include that as well.

No. SIP already requires hex-(un)escaping in various places (i.e. the
Replaces header requires it, a URI username could require it, etc), so
it's expected that SIP libraries/clients/servers already include
hex-(un)escaping support.

In the other side I don't remember any place in core SIP protocol in
which Base64 is used, neither I know wheter Kamailio has built-in code
for it or not (well, it's an easy addition anyhow...).

IMHO using the SIP core mechanisms for these kinds of needs (thus
hex-(un)escaping) is the correct choice, but since the ;received URI
param is a non standard hack which just Kamailio needs and
understands, it can be done in any way.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo