[SR-Users] Kamailio 4.0 configuration

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 21:04:48 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 4/2/13 6:48 PM, Martin Krška wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to configure some basic functions in Kamailio 4.0. Now
> let's say I have
> two users, for example Alice and Bob. When Alice adds Bob to her
> contacts, I need
> from her to ask Bob for permission to watch his presence. It's
> probably a trivial question but could anyone tell me what do I need
> for this to work, like what modules are responsible for this etc.
the question is trivial, the implementation is not, because depends on
what client you use and what SIP presence specifications it implements.

Assuming it follows SIP SIMPLE extensions, then you have to load
presence modules and xcap_server. This tutorial can be a good start to
look at it:

- http://kb.asipto.com/kamailio:presence:k31-made-simple

It is a bit old and owes some updates, but no time for it. Maybe someone
else just clones it on kamailio.org wiki and updates it.

Kamailio World Conference, April 16-17, 2013, Berlin
  - http://conference.kamailio.com -