[SR-Users] mediaproxy-ng Tutorial

aft aftnix at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 16:54:49 CEST 2013

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 8:42 PM, Richard Fuchs <rfuchs at sipwise.com> wrote:
> On 04/02/13 10:02, aft wrote:
>
>> Daemon installation failed with the following :
>>
>> call.c:15:27: fatal error: xmlrpc_client.h: No such file or directory
>
> Check out the list of dependencies in the debian/control file. One of
> them is libxmlrpc-c3 (from http://xmlrpc-c.sourceforge.net/).

Thanks for the reply. I have successfully built it.

>> What is this kernel based forwarding? why its useful?
>
> It provides better performance than doing it through the daemon, less
> CPU overhead and lower jitter.

I was actually asking How it works? I mean when there is kernel based
forwarding is enabled, what does the daemon do compared to when the kernel
based forwarding is not enabled?

If i want do some modifications on rtp packets and intend to use kernel
based forwarding then where should i put my code? in daemon part or
the xtable module given there?

I was confused about the architecture of the package. When there is no kernel
based forwarding, Then the daemon should work like a simple udp relay. But
when there is kernel based forwarding, if the packets never comes up
to the userland,
then what does daemon do in that scenario?

>> Does this mediaproxy-ng supports repacketization of rtp packets?
>
> No that's not supported yet.
>
> cheers

-aft