[SR-Users] [sr-dev] Wiki site registration updates - OFF-TOPIC

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 21:27:23 CEST 2013

On 4/1/13 9:13 PM, Marius Zbihlei wrote:
> Some ideas about improving the security of the site:
>
> 1. Drop http connections for authentication pages
Not sure how much it will help, as the bots were able to create accounts
by solving the captcha. HTTPS is no longer something hard to get in any
application. So far so good with the new system, no spammer got that
familiar with Kamailio modules :-), but there were few new valid accounts.

> 2. Fix the kamailio.org <http://kamailio.org> certificate. At the
> moment the identity of the domain can't be established as there is no
> issuer chain provided with it.
>
> From Firefox information page:

You actually need to fix Firefox -- I struggled yesterday a bit with
same situation. The certificate is actually new, generated yesterday and
signed by CACert.org. The previous one was selfsigned, from openser
times, expired for few years.

I had to try other browsers to check if works, because Firefox was
displaying some error. Then I went back to stable channel from beta
channel without any success, even removing the old certificate from
firefox preference. To solve it, I cleared the cache.

Let me know if works for you in the same way.

> "
> kamailio.org <http://kamailio.org> uses an invalid security certificate.
>
> The certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided.
>
> (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)
> "
>
> Marius
>

> On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 6:55 PM, Edson - Lists <4lists at gmail.com
> <mailto:4lists at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Just as a side note, I've seem anti-spambots 'captcha systems'
>     (just see, not implemented, nor know about a library that
>     implement it) that use a dual factor approach: one that you see
>     and one that you know.
>
>     Indeed very simple: show an image and ask something about it.
>     Questions can be: type just the letters, type just the numbers,
>     type numbers and letters in pre-defined order
>     (left-to-right,up-down,etc), number of colors, of groups, color on
>     the booton right, etc... The combination are limited on the
>     imagination. And the best: it increment in exponential the way
>     bots have to work.
>
>     Does anybody knows a library/system that implement such approach
>     not all of them, but at least part of it?
>
>     Edson.
>
>     Em 01/04/2013 06:27, Daniel-Constantin Mierla escreveu:
>
>         Hello,
>
>         as of yesterday, creation of new accounts for Kamailio's wiki site
>         requires to answer a project related question. Captcha was
>         useless as
>         spam bots were lately going through it easily, creating
>         accounts in a
>         rate of approx 50 new registrations per day.
>
>         The extra question is asked just after CAPTCHA, see it at:
>         - https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/start?do=register
>
>         Hopefully the questions are simple enough to allow good people to
>         register and difficult enough for spambots to give up. It is
>         not a very
>         sophisticated system, let's see if there will be any efforts
>         in reverse
>         engineering to break in with bots. So far no new spammer
>         account. If
>         they will succeed, at least they learn something useful.
>
>         If anyone has difficulties creating wiki accounts, write an
>         email to
>         sr-dev mailing list and it will be investigated.
>
>         Cheers,
>         Daniel
>
>         PS. This registration system will last, is not for April 1.

Kamailio World Conference, April 16-17, 2013, Berlin
  - http://conference.kamailio.com -