[SR-Users] Kamailio sip user authentication

Burak ÖZTÜRK buttiburak at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 19:16:40 CEST 2012

I installed kamailio from this link: http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/install:kamailio-3.0.x-from-git
And I used Linphone and/or CSipSimple android apps as sip clients. And if I give the correct sip server name (usually server ip address), kamailio does not check the sip username and password and sip clients can register. In short, kamailio does not have authentication machanism for sip clients. Is it true or I'm doing something wrong? I searched the web and saw an authentication module called auth_identity. Is it a module to make authentication and if yes, how to activate  it?

Thanks
Regards