[SR-Users] Double attempt to record-route

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 17:38:34 CEST 2012

On 9/26/12 4:44 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Juha Heinanen writes:
>
>> I tried to call record_route_preset() in branch route in order to add
>> contact specific RR headers when request is forked to more than one
>> contact.  What happened was that I got error message:
>>
>> Sep 26 17:03:47 wheezy2 /usr/sbin/sip-proxy[2436]: ERROR: rr [rr_mod.c:256]: Duble attempt to record-route
>>
>> Is it really so that record routing is not a branch specific thing?  Is
>> there a way to solve this problem?
> i "solved" it by not using record_route_preset() at all.  instead i used
> append_hf, which seemed to do the same thing on per branch basis.  i
> wonder if there is any point in having record_route_preset() function?
I think it integrates better with the rest of the rr functions, like
adding rr params set by dedicated config function.

The error comes from a safety check based on internal flag to avoid
calling many times record routing in request_route, but probably it can
be relaxed for branch_route.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Nov 5-8, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kat
Kamailio Advanced Training, Miami, USA, Nov 12-14, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/katu