[SR-Users] xcap server support for org.openmobilealliance.xcap-directory

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Sat Sep 22 19:53:02 CEST 2012

Hello,

FWIW, the following XCAP AUIDs are not yet supported by the xcap-server
module:
- geolocation-policy
- org.openmobilealliance.accessrules
- org.openmobilealliance.conv-history
- org.openmobilealliance.deferred-list
- org.openmobilealliance.groups
- org.openmobilealliance.group-usage-list
- org.openmobilealliance.loc-rules
- org.openmobilealliance.locked-user-profile
- org.openmobilealliance.poc-groups
- org.openmobilealliance.poc-rules
- org.openmobilealliance.policy-bpel
- org.openmobilealliance.policy-commonpol
- org.openmobilealliance.pub-rules
- org.openmobilealliance.pub-rules-view
- org.openmobilealliance.search
- org.openmobilealliance.xcap-directory
- org.openmobilealliance.cab-address-book*
- org.openmobilealliance.cab-pcc*
- org.openmobilealliance.cab-user-prefs*
- org.openmobilealliance.cab-feature-handler*
- org.openmobilealliance.poc-sessions*
- org.openmobilealliance.subscriber-defined-access-rules*
- org.openmobilealliance.upp-directory*
- org.openmobilealliance.pal-profile*

* Reserved AUIDs for OMA enablers still being defined.

Most of these are trivial to add - supporting a new AUID that is just a
static document is around 10 lines of code (although the existing presence
modules don't support those features so just adding to the xcap-server may
be of limited value).  However, (at least) two are more complex.  As I
mentioned, the xcap-directory AUID should be fairly simple to add (a day
or so of work I think).  However, supporting search requires
implementation (or integration) of an XQuery engine which makes this a
very big task.

The supported auids are:
- xcap-caps
- pidf-manipulation
- resource-lists
- rls-services
- pres-rules
- org.openmobilealliance.pres-content
- org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules
- org.openmobilealliance.user-profile

Regards,

Peter

> Hi,
>
> org.openmobilealliance.xcap-directory isn't supported by the xcap-server
> module.
>
> Adding support for this shouldn't be difficult though.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter
>

> Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
>
>>in xcap module readme there is an example xcap server config file and it
>>does not include in xcap-caps aiud
>>org.openmobilealliance.xcap-directory.  does it mean that xcap-directory
>>application is not currently supported or could the aiud just be added
>>there?
>>
>>-- juha

Peter Dunkley
Technical Director