[SR-Users] Registration Authentication Error

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 15:15:56 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 9/21/12 2:43 PM, Nathaniel L Keeling III wrote:
> Yes, the password column of the subscriber's table contains the plain
> text password. Should the calculated HA1 string match the HA1 value in
> the database?
no, if clear text password is used, the ha1 column is not important at all.

If you work with default config, it's really strange, I tested and all
goes fine. Can you add a temporary account with a simple
username/password to be sure no typo can happen and test again?

> Thanks
>
> Nathaniel
>
> On 9/21/12 2:21 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> this requires the plain text password to be in the column 'password'
>> of the subscriber table, do you have it? I am asking because many
>> people keep only ha1/ha1b.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Daniel
>>

>> On 9/21/12 2:35 AM, Nathaniel L Keeling III wrote:
>>> Here is the parameters for auth_db:
>>>
>>> modparam("auth_db", "db_url", DBURL)
>>> modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", yes)
>>> modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "password")
>>> modparam("auth_db", "load_credentials", "")