[SR-Users] Kamailio Presence module

Gary Shergill gashergill at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 19 13:55:50 CEST 2012

Hi Andreas,

===================
>Check what's in line 392, it should give you a hint what's wrong.
===================

That's where it mentions the DBURL. I think I fixed this issue by,
instead of using DBURL, I just use the location (mysql://.......).
That allows Kamailio to restart with no issues (so I assume it means
presence is working as well, just need to get two clients that are
free and compatible).

===================
>There are two ways doing IM in
>SIP: one is page-mode using MESSAGE requests, which should take pretty
>much the same route as INVITE (that is: authorization of caller,
>normalization of callee, lookup in location table, then t_relay to
>callee);
===================

To be honest I'm really not sure what that means, I'm quite new to
SIP, having previously only used Asterisk.

===================
>the other one is MSRP, which is actually an INVITE with a
>special payload. If you use sylkserver, then you can just forward the
>INVITE to sylkserver, which has an MSRP relay integrated,
===================

This is perfect, I'm actually using SylkServer (is the reason I am
trying to get this configured).

This may not seem like the best of questions, but how exactly would I
go about forwarding an INVITE to sylkserver?

At the moment I am able to log on to a SIP Client using the details;

Where the SylkServer user is created on SylkServer's Openfire install.

I believe this means that SylkServer recognises my Kamailio server already.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Gary Shergill