[SR-Users] IM on Kamailio

martian at centrum.sk martian at centrum.sk
Wed Sep 19 13:49:47 CEST 2012

Hi Gary!

You don't need to do anything to support MESSAGE requests on Kamailio.
Following the guide from the web site, you will enable Presence.
However, your problem seems to be with the client software.
If I am correct, Blink uses Session mode (MSRP) for IM service.
Bria uses Page mode (sip MESSAGE requests) for that.
Try to use other clients, for example Jitsi.
Presence and IM should be working there.

Martin