[SR-Users] RTPProxy with kamailio : How to get calls count?

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Mon Sep 17 16:53:14 CEST 2012

On 09/17/12 03:20, Jon Bonilla (Manwe) wrote:
> El Sun, 16 Sep 2012 04:43:42 +0200
> Carsten Bock <carsten at ng-voice.com> escribió:
>

>> questions:
>> - Can i also use it for IPv4/IPv6 Translation and Bridging? I did not
>> find any internal/external ip-Parameters as in the old RTP-Proxy
>
> Yes. Ipv4/Ipv6 translation and bridging is fully supported. There's no
> internal/external IP parameters because you can bridge between any interface,
> not only two.
>
> I'm CC-ing the mail to the developer, Richard Fuchs. I'm not sure he reads
> this mailing list.

I do, but didn't want to interrupt. ;)

We use the internal and external flags for slightly different purposes:
to make a distinction between IPv4 and IPv6 in the initial offer.
Mediaproxy has no notion of an internal or external interface, but needs
to know whether to return an IPv4 or an IPv6 address for the INVITE. So
we use the "I" and "E" flags for the calling and the called party to
specify whether that endpoint is on IPv4 or IPv6, respectively.  It's
really only needed for the called party, but hey, why not keep it
consistent if we can, right?

>> - Does it also support the basic media functions, such as recording
>> and playback?
>
> No AFAIK.

Correct, we've had no need for that so far. The low-level code does
support a "mirror" destination for single packet streams, meaning it
will duplicate all packets to a second destination, but that's still an
unused feature as of yet.

BR