[SR-Users] Getting started with Kamailio

Joel Smith | VOZELIA joel at vozelia.com
Sat Sep 15 22:24:15 CEST 2012

Hi,

First of all say that I'm new to Kamailio. I've been working with asterisk
for a while now and it's time to get started with the sip router project.
My idea for a start is to reduce the load of our asterisk servers and once
we have good knowledge on how kamailio works, migrate some of our services.

I've setup a server in our lab with kamailio 3.3.0 and siremis
3.3.0, created a user (subscriber) and registered with a softphone. So far
OK.

Now I'm trying to make a call and route it through one of our asterisk
servers for testing. To do this I need LCR module (thanks Sébastien, I
wasn't subscribed to this list yet) and configure it.

After reading
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/lcr.html#id2553110 I've
added in kamailio.cfg:

#!define WITH_LCR

#!ifdef WITH_LCR
loadmodule "lcr.so"
#!endif

#!ifdef WITH_LCR
# ----- lcr params -----
modparam("lcr", "db_url", DBURL)
modparam("lcr", "gw_uri_avp", "$avp(i:709)")
modparam("lcr", "ruri_user_avp", "$avp(i:500)")
modparam("lcr", "tag_avp", "$avp(lcr_tag)")
#!endif

And now I see LCR module being loaded at startup. But, I don't understand
what gw_uri_avp, ruri_user_avp or tag_avp mean. Where can I find some
doc/manual to understand what AVP means and does? (For example the
$avp(i:709), etc.)

I've added a LCR GW, LCR TARGET and LCR RULE with the following data (I
have no idea if it's completely wrong):

mysql> select * from lcr_gw;
+----+--------+---------+--------------+--------------------------+------+--------+------------+-----------+-------+--------+------+-------+---------+
| id | lcr_id | gw_name | ip_addr      | hostname                 | port |
params | uri_scheme | transport | strip | prefix | tag  | flags | defunct |
+----+--------+---------+--------------+--------------------------+------+--------+------------+-----------+-------+--------+------+-------+---------+
|  1 |      0 | TEST    | XX.XXX.XXX.X | test12345678.testing.com | 5060 |
NULL   |          1 |         1 |  NULL | NULL   | NULL |     0 |    NULL |
+----+--------+---------+--------------+--------------------------+------+--------+------------+-----------+-------+--------+------+-------+---------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from lcr_rule;
+----+--------+--------+----------+-------------+---------+---------+
| id | lcr_id | prefix | from_uri | request_uri | stopper | enabled |
+----+--------+--------+----------+-------------+---------+---------+
|  1 |      1 | .*     |          |             |       0 |       1 |
+----+--------+--------+----------+-------------+---------+---------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from lcr_rule_target;
+----+--------+---------+-------+----------+--------+
| id | lcr_id | rule_id | gw_id | priority | weight |
+----+--------+---------+-------+----------+--------+
|  1 |      1 |       1 |     1 |        1 |      1 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

Am I still missing basic stuff to be able to place a call ? (To get started
I'd like to route all calls to our Asterisk server)

I'm glad to read documentation so If all of this is already somewhere
please guide me cause I haven't found too much...

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,
Joel.