[SR-Users] RTPProxy with kamailio : How to get calls count?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Sep 13 17:56:27 CEST 2012

I'm not sure what a single instance of rtpproxy can handle, but most people squeezing thousand of concurrent calls per box are probably doing it on multicore boxes by binding multiple instances of rtpproxy with different core affinities, and round-robining among them.

-- Alex

--
Sent from my Samsung mobile, and thus lacking in the refinement one might expect from a proper keyboard.

Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC
235 E Ponce de Leon Ave
Suite 106
Decatur, GA 30030
Tel: +1-678-954-0670
Web: http://www.evaristesys.com/Mino Haluz <mino.haluz at gmail.com> wrote:The results:

- rtpproxy calls count 280
- sipp calls count 2000
- iptraf on proxy 4.8MB/s
- G711a codec

So if my calculations are right (16kB/s per stream * 280 = 4.5MB/s),
rtpproxy calls count is really the right value. CPU usage is ok on
every machine (rtpproxy 20-30% CPU). Does anybody know why rtpproxy
cannot serve more than 270-280 calls ?