[SR-Users] RTPProxy with kamailio : How to get calls count?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Sep 13 16:28:21 CEST 2012

Thanks for this info.

Netcat is a really underappreciated tool. I can't count how many times I've unnecessarily written utilities to send stuff on UDP sockets, forgetting that nc can do it.

-- Alex

--
Sent from my Samsung mobile, and thus lacking in the refinement one might expect from a proper keyboard.

Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC
235 E Ponce de Leon Ave
Suite 106
Decatur, GA 30030
Tel: +1-678-954-0670
Web: http://www.evaristesys.com/Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov at gmail.com> wrote:2012/9/13 Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>:
> Really? Interesting, I had no idea. I thought the rtpproxy control protocol
> was binary and did not lend itself easily to interaction in this manner.

Yep, this command protocol allows us to do tricks like this which is
quite helpful for debugging. Unfortunately this particular command (
'I' and its counterpart 'Ib' ) seems to be broken - it doesn't prepend
received random cookie at the beginning of the answer.

Just FYI - I collected some examples of control commands here (just
grep for ser_proto:decode):

* https://raw.github.com/lemenkov/erlrtpproxy/master/test/ser_proto_test.erl

and here (which could be even more interesting since it contains an
example of a real session - create session, lookup, destroy, get
stats, etc):

* https://raw.github.com/lemenkov/erlrtpproxy/master/test/ser_test.erl

> Thanks for the tip.

Anytime :)