[SR-Users] script stops processing when relaying e2e ack?

Andrew Mortensen admorten at isc.upenn.edu
Wed Sep 12 18:30:10 CEST 2012

Hi all. I'm working on a custom module and would like to be able to send UPDATEs to the call legs after the script forwards the e2e ACK from the caller. I had hoped to export a function to call in my ACK handling route after the script forwards the ACK.

However, the script stops processing after calling t_relay in my ACK handling route. I tracked this back to the fact that t_relay_to invokes forward_request when handling e2e ACKs, and returns the return code of forward_request to the script. Since forward_request returns 0 on success, the t_relay call in the script returns 0, which stops script processing.

Is this intentional? My module currently hooks the TMCB_E2EACK_IN, and I can UPDATE the caller here, but the callee seems to be ignoring the UPDATE if it's received prior to the ACK.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

andrew