[SR-Users] rls does not generally work

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Tue Sep 11 12:53:46 CEST 2012

Hi,

It is worth noting that the PUA/RLS behaviour is no worse than it was
previously.  It's just now you get error messages out where previously
you'd have had silent failures.

As I mentioned before, I believe that the "temporary dialog" error you
are seeing when not in DB only mode can easily be resolved by moving a
couple of locking functions around.

Regards,

Peter

On Tue, 2012-09-11 at 13:26 +0300, Juha Heinanen wrote:

> it turned out that presence rls module does not work unless pua module
> is configured to use database mode and database is postgre.  the issue
> is serious, since besides not working, it makes presence/rls server not
> to accept any new requests.
>
> since there is no easy cure, should i go and write a warning in rls
> readme file so that others don't stumble on this?
>
> -- juha

Peter Dunkley
Technical Director
Crocodile RCS Ltd