[SR-Users] memory usage

Marius Zbihlei marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
Wed Sep 5 10:07:05 CEST 2012

On 09/05/2012 10:19 AM, Uri Shacked wrote:
> Hi,
> When I start kamailio it loads some data into memory.
> Now calls are starting to gather up. How can I check how mach memory
> does my avp's take?
> BR,
> Uri
Hello Uri,

avp's are associated with the transactions, so they free'd when the
transaction stops(and calls are composed of transactions). This is true
for dialog information as well (dlg_var's etc.). Continuous growth in
memory at a constant call rate (incoming sip requests) might mean a
leak. If you need statistics about the total memory usage you can use
`kamctl fifo get_statistics all` and check for the shmem real_used_size
and max_used_size fields.

Cheers,
Marius

--
Zbihlei Marius

Head of
Linux Development Services Romania

1&1 Internet Development srl    Tel KA: 754-9152
Str Mircea Eliade 18            Tel RO: +40-31-223-9152
Sect 1, Bucuresti               mailto: marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
71295, Romania