[SR-Users] SIP connection tracking

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Oct 31 01:03:37 CET 2012

On 10/30/2012 08:01 PM, Daniil Baturin wrote:
> Hi all,
> We have two softswitch hosts that don't support TLS. We have a peer that
> requires TLS, they terminate all our connections on a single address. We
> want to use kamailio as a proxy for it.
> Could you point me to the documentation and/or working examples that
> describe how to implement connection tracking to ensure replies to
> connections originated from host A are relayed back to host A, and
> connections from host B get back to host B?

The "connection tracking" of which you speak is an inherent and
automatic trait of proxy operation, both at the stateful (TM) and
stateless (SL).  Most practical applications of a proxy call for the
stateful approach (TM), though, and that's the one you see exemplified
in the stock Kamailio config.

All you really need to do is switch the transport when routing the
initial request, and the proxy will take care of the rest.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC