[SR-Users] Entries in PUA List and RLS Watchers List

Sangeeta Shah sangeeta.shah at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 00:35:09 CET 2012

Peter/Hugh,
  After a bit more debugging and playing around with the server, I
have a few more follow up questions:

1. Purpose of rls_handle_notify: I understand the purpose of
rls_handle_subscribe and rls_update_subs. What's the purpose of
rls_handle_notify? If I have kamailio configured as a presence
server+rls server with integrated xcap do I need to add code in the
config file to handle notifies? I had this code and noticed that it
was being called, Wasn't sure if it is necessary to trigger notifies
when the resource list is updated?

2. When I add a contact (8475551004), I see rls_update_subs being
called and a back end subscription being inserted into the watchers
table as follows:

| 21 | sip:8475551004 at domain | 8475551001       | domain   | presence
|      2 |        |    1351545844 |

Does an insertion into this table trigger a notify to the presentity
to request authorization? I see that only when I restart the client
for 8475551004.

When 8475551001 is authorized by 8475551004, I see rls_update_subs
being called for 8475551004 since it updates its resource list, but
the status of the entry in the watchers table never changes from 2
(pending) to active? What should trigger that?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sangeeta

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Peter Dunkley
<peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com> wrote:
>> Peter,
>> I know the weekend is coming up, but I would love seeing this in the RLS
>> README. Could you put that on your to-do list? We can't have TOO MUCH
>> documentation...
>>

> It's all a matter of perspective.  If you are writing the documentation
> and there is lots to do it can certainly seem like TOO MUCH :-)
>
> I'll add it to my list though, probably do something next time I am in there.
>
> Peter
>
> --
> Peter Dunkley
> Technical Director