[SR-Users] Manually add Via Header

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Thu Oct 25 13:20:10 CEST 2012

Hi,

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I've a similar but different
question which bugs me since a while :)

Is there a way in kamailio to statelessy forward a request without
putting its own Via header into the message? Consider an example where a
stateless load-balancer sends a request to a proxy A, which again
statelessy forwards it to another proxy B, while it's not interested in
staying in the path even for replies. It's not necessary either because
the load-balancer, which would receive the replies from B then, can pass
them along according to the Via path, so no tm or something is involved.

This might break some RFC, but it would remove proxy A completely out of
the path once the request got forwarded. In theory this seems possible
if it's ensured that both the load-balancer and proxy A act strictly
stateless, no?

Andreas