[SR-Users] Message Routing To/From Gateway

Ed Brady ebrady at talkforgood.com
Thu Oct 18 00:12:24 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am trying to route SIP messages to a gateway. I am using SIP MESSAGE over
UDP as well as the MSILO module for storing messages for users that aren't
currently logged in. I have read through the Dynamic Routing module info
but am not able to determine the best way to accomplish the routing I
require. Our scenario is outlined below.

User A sends a message addressed to "sip:12345678900 at mydomain.com"
Kamailio at mydomain.com checks if 12345678900 is a registered user in the
system.
If not, the message header is translated to
"sip:12345678900 at gatewaydomain..com"
and forwarded.
Incoming messages need to be accepted from their IP as well.

It would also be useful if the address came as "sip:2345678900 at mydomain.com"
could be translated to "sip:*1*2345678900 at gatewaydomain.com".

Is there any built in functionality I can configure for this, or will this
need to be scripted?

Thanks,
Ed